SaltStack - The Company:
SaltStack is a world leader in IT automation. Our technology powers the sophisticated digital infrastructures behind the most influential names in banking, travel, retail, healthcare, cloud systems, education, manufacturing, gaming, and many other industries.
SaltStack is growing rapidly. We are guided by our vision to intelligently secure and manage every digital business environment in the world, and we seek those who want to be a part of our mission to amplify intelligence. We look for smart, hardworking, humble people who balance fun with passion and are genuinely looking to improve the world through revolutionary software.
If you’re tired of working for someone whose main goal is to get a branded bouncy castle installed in the breakroom, it’s time to join a company focused on producing vital, impactful technology.
No gimmicks. No games—just brilliant, motivated people who get things done and feel good about the work we do.
About the position:
At SaltStack, we strive to provide great growth opportunities, work-life balance, recognition, and a fair degree of autonomy. You will work closely with teams running some of the largest, most cutting-edge distributed systems in the world. If your passion is technology, you’ll love working at SaltStack.
We’re looking for an amazing Solutions Engineer who wants to join our team. If you’re passionate about technology, love challenges, and want a great work atmosphere, then apply now!
Our Solutions Engineers play an important role in helping us build and maintain an outstanding sales organization that consistently drives value for our enterprise clients. This technical sales role requires proactive and results-oriented individuals who have the ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to autonomously identify ongoing value-added activities for our clients.
· Assist the sales personnel in qualifying enterprise customer needs and performing pre- demo needs analysis;
· Participate in one or more strategic territories in a pre-sale’s technical role;
· Deliver demonstrations of the product - both standard and tailored based on needs of the prospect or existing client;
· Generate product demo scripts and scenarios and maintain demo environment(s); Scope and deliver “Proof of Concept” or “Proof of Value” engagements with prospects;
· Be responsible for all technical aspects of pre-sales customer success;
· Maintain strong relationships with customer engineering teams; Respond to RFI or RFP documents;
· Stay current on product releases to ensure quality demos; Support marketing events based on needs - user conferences, trade shows, webinars, etc.;
· Develop deep understanding of competitive environment, SaltStack differentiators, business IT issues, and technical trends;
· Conduct, in conjunction with sales and professional services, transition briefings - communicate deployment expectations and commitment;
· Act as a SaltStack subject matter expert at executive briefings and marketing events
· Strong pre-sales experience, preferably with, IT Infrastructure, Cloud Computing Solutions, Software Development or DevOps;
· Mastery of the sales process and demonstrated ability to become a trusted advisor for the sales team;
· Technical expertise in areas of configuration management technologies, systems administration, infrastructure systems management or a related field;
· Experience working with Linux, Windows, and Python;
· Experience working with SaltStack or other systems management tools;
· Knowledge of security compliance and vulnerability management;
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills with regard to technical and business concepts;
· Strong experience selling to enterprise IT stakeholders and executives.
You’ll experience development within a horizontal corporate structure and be under the guidance of managers who encourage your personal growth while providing valuable feedback.
We operate by hiring smart people and then letting them do their jobs. Ours is a highly collaborative environment where ideas are encouraged, and all voices are appreciated. We’re inclusive, diverse, and forward-thinking. And, since we know you’re not a robot, we respect your personal time.
· Unlimited PTO policy
· Health insurance: medical (including an HSA option with employer contribution), vision, and dental
· Company-paid life insurance
· Choice of Mac or PC laptop
Your application was submitted successfully.