Position : Senior Software Engineer
SaltStack builds one of the most widely used IT automation platforms in the world used by banks, airlines, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, telcos, universities, manufacturers, Internet companies and more to manage and secure their enterprise data center environments.
SaltStack is entering a time of rapid growth, and needs people to run quickly with the company to help meet its growth targets and aggressive goals. We offer competitive pay and benefits, and provide exciting challenges as we automate, manage and secure the world's technology.
The enterprise engineering team works to produce a suite of products designed to extend and enhance the capabilities of the SaltStack open-source platform. These software products are designed to work at extreme scale — handling tens of thousands of requests per second in order to compliment SaltStack’s systems management and automation
framework that is deployed across some of the largest infrastructures in the world.
You’re the right person for this role if you can combine deep thinking about software engineering problems with the ability to translate those ideas into clean, functional code quickly and to inspire others on your team to do the same. We like smart, curious, ambitious people!
- Produce performant, quality Python 3 code on tight deadlines
- Participate in code reviews
- Design and architecture of APIs and distributed storage layers
- Mentor-ship of junior engineers
- Performance testing and creation of testing requirements for performant, distributed systems
- Occasional troubleshooting of production systems
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of Python 3 internals, including a demonstrable understanding of asynchronous principles and code
- Construction and design of ORMs
- Data storage design and performance tuning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven record of software delivery with a low defect rate
- Above-average writing and communication skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
SaltStack is a dynamic and rapidly growing enterprise software company. We work hard but also harbor deep respect for personal time. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers, while working with advanced technology and some of the most talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
Travel and Location Requirements:
- Candidate may either work out of the Lehi, UT office or may be remote.
- This position can involve periodic travel to conferences or customer sites, but this travel is rare
- International Passport may be needed to attend some conferences or travel to some customer sites