SaltStack builds one of the most widely used IT automation platforms in the world used by banks, airlines, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, telcos, universities, manufacturers, Internet companies and more to manage and secure their enterprise data center environments.
SaltStack is entering a time of rapid growth, and needs people to run quickly with the company to help meet its growth targets and aggressive goals. We offer competitive pay and benefits, and provide exciting challenges as we automate, manage and secure the world's technology.
Our VP of Sales will play an important role in helping build and maintain an outstanding sales organization that consistently drives value for our enterprise clients. The VP of Sales is responsible for directing the sales activity for our global team and being a strong advocate for existing clients and prospects.
- Leads the company in achieving its monthly and annual sales targets, with specific emphasis on Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR)
- Builds, develops and leads a global sales team capable of reaching the specified sales targets
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices, e.g. pipeline development, sales forecasts, playbooks, CRM processes and sales analytics
- Helps to support and implement a channel sales strategy to expand sales opportunities and professional services support
- Establishes long-term customer relationships at an executive level for future growth opportunities
- Develops the sales team to understand their customers’ needs and to provide the right business solutions at the right buying levels
- Continue to build SaltStack’s reputation, especially as a desired employer that top sales people want to join
Basic Experience Requirements
- Experience in building and leading a sales team that consistently exceeds their quotas
- Strong enterprise sales leadership experience (10+ years), preferably with companies related to, IT Infrastructure, Cloud Computing, Software Development or DevOps
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and drive, with the ability to persuade and inspire sales staff
- Proven ability to mentor and grow a sales team and coach them to success
- Success in managing a sales campaign from lead to close with “C” level executives
- Technical knowledge in areas of configuration management technologies, systems administration infrastructure systems management or related field
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Ability to use sales automation tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Must be willing to travel and have a valid driver’s license
Working at SaltStack
SaltStack is a dynamic and rapidly growing enterprise software company. We work hard and try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, yet relaxed work atmosphere. For those willing to be part of a fast-growing company, we offer a generous PTO policy and medical benefits.
SaltStack is an equal opportunity employer